This week’s biggest news was that Gibson has confirmed the exclusive rights to various trademarked guitar designs in a legal dispute with JHS.
Also big this week was the sad news that MI manufacturer Percussion Plus has gone into administration, and a new report from Deloitte which outlines five major issues bricks and mortar retailers are set to face throughout 2017.
Read all the biggest stories below:
1. Gibson confirms exclusive rights to trademarked guitar designs in legal dispute with JHS
Gibson has announced that it has successfully confirmed the exclusive rights to various trademarked body and headstock designs.
Article continues below
2. Percussion Plus enters administration
Leicestershire musical instrument manufacturer Percussion Plus has gone into administration.
3. These are the 5 major issues that bricks and mortar retailers will face in 2017
Bricks and mortar retailers in the UK are in for a difficult 2017 thanks to a “perfect storm” of challenges that are set to hit high street shops this year, warns business advisory firm Deloitte.
4. OPINION: PMT's Simon Gilson on 'clicks vs. bricks'
Despite a general consensus in the industry that online is taking over offline sales, the likes of PMT are still expanding their high street offerings. Simon Gilson discusses why he believes a physical store is still a fantastic way to keep customers engaged…
5. Reverb.com appoints Mark Johnson as European Marketing Director
Music gear online marketplace Reverb.com has hired Mark Johnson, former head of digital marketing at Andertons Music Company, to lead the company’s marketing efforts in Europe.
6. Mademe X wins IMSTA FESTA International Songwriting Competition
The International Music Software Trade Association (IMSTA) has named Toronto-based songwriter, producer, and vocalist Christina Gina (Mademe X) as the winner of the 2016 IMSTA FESTA International Song Competition.
7. SURVEY: Sexism in the music industry - have your say
MI Pro is calling on musicians to discuss whether they have experienced or seen sexism in the music and MI industry – and what we can all do to help combat it.
8. Fender promotes Richard McDonald to newly created Chief Product Strategist role
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) CEO Andy Mooney has announced new executive structure within the firm’s product division.
9. E Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren to sell dozens of instruments from personal collection
Nils Lofgren has revealed that he will be selling off dozens of musical instruments from his personal collection through music gear marketplace Reverb.
10. Adam Hall Group to unveil world's first battery-powered PA at Prolight + Sound
At this year's Prolight + Sound / Musikmesse in Frankfurt am Main, the Adam Hall Group will unveil several world premieres in Hall 3.1 #E60-F70.