Final preparations are underway for tomorrow's National Learn to Play Day, with shops up and down the country hosting events.
A host of musicians and celebrities are supporting the event including Al Murray giving free drum lessons at Chappell of Bond Street, London, Nick Mason appearing at Footes Music Store, London and Harry Hill offering free ukulele lessons at JG Windows, Gateshead Metrocentre.
Other highlights include former Yes/King Crimson drummer Bill Bruford at Andertons in Guildford, flamboyant rock musician Arthur Brown visiting ABC Music in Market Harborough, up and coming singer Sertari at Nevada Music in Portsmouth and at Absolute Music, Bournemouth the Major will helping the local Beaver Scouts with their music badges!
- Nevada Music has now got staging and PA for its event featuring local artists in order to inspire everyone to start to play! Check them out on Facebook, there is even a video of it!
- Brittens Music have managed to get Sarah Walter of Radio 3 to come down and support the day.
- The Mayor and Mayoress of Northampton are coming to the PMT Northampton event. Staff were interviewed on BBC Radio Northants Drivetime show about the Day.
- Hillsound have arranged for John Edwards of Status Quo (and Judie Tzuke) fame to support the day.
- Musicroom have managed to get a competition into the Daily Express.
- Digital Village in Acton and The Institute have tied up with each other to create an event
- D’Addario has a number of Survival/ Gear Guides, with information on gear, tips on cleaning and caring for your instrument. They are aimed at new students and offer clear and concise advice on choosing accessories. There are guides covering Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Classical Guitar, Drumset, Violin/Viola and Clarinet/ Saxophone and are offered to any Learn to Play Day shop. If anyone wants them they can either call their account manager or the office on 0191 300 3000.
- A Kerrang competition has just gone live.
- A First News competition has also gone live in schools up and down the country.
MI Pro will be extensively covering as many of the events as possible, so if you have pics and info on your Learn to Play Day event send it to email@example.com