Preamp specialist follows up EDB-1 unit with new EDB-2 and EDM-1.
Headway Music Audio has made to additions to its acoustic pickups and pre-amplifiers with its new EDB-2 and EDM-1.
The EDB-2 builds upon the firm’s EDB-1 Equalizer Direct Blend pre-amp, with the all-new EDM-1 serving as a more compact version of the unit.
Both new products feature refined Class ‘A’ inputs and Pro Audio IC components, along with a sturdy metal housing built to provide optimum durability when on the road.
Additionally, the EDB-2 and EDM-1 each come with belt clips and rubber feet and are threaded for microphone stands.
See below for a full breakdown of each unit’s key features.
• Twin channel with individual inputs and gain controls.
• Five-band EQ assignable to Channel 1, 2 or both.
• Notch Filter assignable to Channel 1 or 2.
• 0-32 dB Gain to interface with most mixers/desks etc.
• Phantom Power assignable to either ‘ring’, ‘tip or XLR’ to power most instrument mics/pickups.
• Phase Reverse assignable to each channel.
• Three-way Input Impedance selector for each channel.
• Earth Lift Switch.
• ‘Range’ switch tuned for specific instruments i.e. violin, guitar, bass etc.
• iPod Input for backing tracks, practice routines etc.
• Mute switch.
• Mono, stereo and XLR inputs, jack and XLR outputs.
• Battery or mains powered (power supply included).
• Three-band EQ.
• Tuneable ‘Range’ control covers all instruments.
• 9v Phantom Power assignable to ‘Ring’ or ‘Tip’.
• XLR adaptor included - converts output jack to XLR Balanced DI out.
• Three-way impedance selector.
• Earth lift switch.
• Mute switch.
• Battery, mains or phantom powered from mixer.