|Location:||UK - Yorkshire, North East & Lincolnshire|
|Date posted:||Friday, March 31st 2017|
Launched in 2003 and now with over 600,000 customers, Gear4music.com is the leading retailer of musical instruments and music equipment in the UK. You can buy music gear from orchestral instruments to rock 'n' roll, including guitars, drum kits, digital pianos, saxophones and cellos, plus leading recording and studio equipment.
To support the growth of our business, we are looking for talented individuals to work at our HQ in York. In return we can offer competitive pay, generous staff discount on all musical products, plus company benefits including a cycle to work scheme, corporate eye care, childcare vouchers and a pension scheme. If you would like a career within an ambitious growing company, where you can expect to be treated well in return for your hard work, please apply today.
Guitar Buyer Role
Being committed to the continual development, improvement and extension of our product ranges, we have a requirement for a guitar specialist to help us source, evaluate and promote new and existing products.
Working from our head office in York, you will be liaising with our purchasing team and suppliers on a daily basis, and you will occasionally be required to travel to international music exhibitions and events.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a guitar store selling and merchandising all types of guitar products.
- Experience within a commerce environment is essential, including; sourcing, buying & selling products, and experience of price-setting, margins and mark-ups (this experience may be in a different trade industry).
- Extensive knowledge and be massively passionate about guitar gear.
- A background in an MI retail environment with purchasing experience preferred.
- Commercially astute with the desire to drive and improve an already established product group.
- Good IT skills with excellent excel skills in particular
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ positive attitude and highly driven.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadline.
Things to consider & Useful information
- You must have eligibility to work in the UK and the ability to work from our office in York.
- As market leaders, Gear4music are able to offer highly competitive remuneration packages
If this sounds like you, and you are ready to take the next step with your career, then please apply in confidence with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com