The biggest story on MI Pro this week was MapsPeople’s opinion piece about how Amazon’s new physical stores could shake up the retail industry for everyone, including MI dealers.
Also big this week was Tokai Guitars’ endorsements from the likes of John Mayer and Baz Francis, as well as the sad news that Kittie bassist Trish Doan has died at the age of 31.
Check out all of the biggest stories this week below:
1. Amazon Go could mark the start of a major disruption for physical retail stores
Is the MI retail industry ready for another disruption? MapsPeople’s Jonas Bersten looks at how the future of retail could be about to change thanks to Amazon’s new Go stores...
Article continues below
2. John Mayer and Magic Eight Ball's Baz Francis choose Tokai
Tokai Guitars has been given a boost recently with artist such as John Mayer and Baz Francis choosing their guitars as their instrument of choice.
3. Trish Doan: Kittie bassist dies aged 31
Trish Doan, the bassist for Canadian metal band Kittie has died at the age of 31.
4. Gaz Coombes, Colin Greenwood, Iain Harvie and more to attend opening of PMT's new Oxford store
In December, PMT announced that it would be opening a full flagship store in the centre of Oxford in early 2017.
5. Former Orange Amps MD Damon Waller joins Eminence
Loudspeaker supplier Eminence has announced the appointment of industry veteran Damon Waller as its new European sales manager.
6. The ultimate guide to travelling with a musical instrument
Whether you're making your way to session work around the UK or embarking on a world tour, travelling is an essential part of any working musician’s life.
8. UK Gov outlines plans to help protect live music venues
The UK Government has released a new whitepaper focusing on how to fix ‘our broken housing market’. Within the report, the publication proposes that planning policies should take more notice of existing music venues.
9. Could Brexit benefit music education in the UK?
Brexit may be the ‘trigger for progress’ for music and arts education in the UK.
10. Top tips for dealing with performance anxiety
Performance anxiety, or stage fright, can affect a seasoned professional just as much as an inexperienced musician new to the game.