This year's MIRC event finally takes place this Thursday (28th). Here's a few dos and don't to help you make the most of it.
Dos and Don’ts
• Please arrive on time for start of the conference. The schedule is deliberately tight, so we like to kick off on time
• Feel free to ask questions and contribute to the panel sessions. You might win an Apple TV
• Try to take something informative away from the speakers and panel sessions and use it you help your business
• Make sure you check out some of the ‘Break Out’ sessions, they can be extremely informative
• Remember to get your card stamped on each stand if you want to pick up your goody bag at the end
• Talk to suppliers. They have special offers, deals and new products that they are dying to tell you about
• Send us a Tweet while you’re at the show. Tell us what you think.
• Keep that last bit clean.
• Be late
• Be afraid to ask a question
• Make that question too long
• Waste the opportunity to talk to other retailers and suppliers by spending the whole event in the bar or outside
• Be afraid to ask a member of the helpful Intent Media team, if you need assistance of any kind
• Miss Roland’s after show drinks reception at the Chiswell Street Dining Rooms. It’s literally next door.
• Forget to give us your feedback (good or bad) on the day’s proceedings
• Leave without taking your good bag
MIRC takes place on Thursday June 28th at The Brewery, Chiswell Street, London and has already attracted more than 250 dealers. There is still time to register for the event, if you haven't already done so by going to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The day is free for retailers to attend and includes the conference session in the morning, and the expo in the afternoon featuring the market's biggest manufacturers and distributors, which opens after the free lunch.
In addition, there will be a series of 'Break-Out Sessions' during the afternoon, giving distributors and manufacturers the opportunity to presenttechnical or service sessions with smaller groups of dealers.
An after-show drinks reception, sponsored by Roland, will provide networking opportunities to round off the day's events. And all dealers will go home with a VIP Gift Bag.
Musikmesse is the headline sponsor of the MI Retail Conference & Expo, with Platinum Partners including Barnes & Mullins, JHS, Casio, Rocksmith andYamaha. Gold Partners include Audio-Technica, EMC/Tanglewood, Intermusic, Lamba, Marshall, Mel Bay, Monacor, Pioneer, Rotosound, Korg, Elixir, Soar Valley Music, SCV, Sony, Peavey, FBT and Electrovoice.
A limited number of additional Event Packages are available. Contact Darrell.Carter@intentmedia.co.uk or Jodie.Holdway@intentmedia.co.uk, or call 01992 535647 to find out more.
For all the latest news on the MI Retail Conference & Expo, follow our Twitter feed at @mirc2012. Or visit our dedicated website at www.mirc-expo.com.